What can you do for World Health Day? Here are 5 Steps that can make a difference for yourself and someone else.
Let’s take Diabetes for example. Did you know the world diabetes rates have nearly doubled since 1980?
Whaaat? Diabetes is a disease that most people can avoid through healthy eating and exercise!
At a minimum, you can change your own life. Better yet, change the lives of your kids! And, all of us can influence a parent, friend or colleague.
Consider these 5 Steps:
- For one day, count the number of grams of sugar that you consume. Maybe create a MyFitnessPal challenge for your family on sugar consumption.
- Challenge yourself to a minimum of 30 mins of exercise every day.
- Pack a healthy, but incredibly tasty, lunch for your kids – and one extra to share with a friend.
- Next time at the grocery store, count the number of items in the cart with abnormally high amounts of sugar.
- Unload and reload! Replace what you put in your grocery cart with healthier choices.